- The bullet begins with an alloyed lead core.
- Uni-Cor electrochemical process virtually eliminates core/jacket separation and guarantees uniform jacket thickness for superior accuracy.
- Nickel-plated brass cases for smooth functioning and durability.
- Select, clean burning propellants deliver optimum velocity while ensuring consistent chamber pressures.
- CCI® primers for highly sensitive and reliable performance.
Build To Perform
Each Gold Dot hollow point cavity is tuned by specific caliber and bullet weight to ensure optimum performance. We form the hollow point cavity in two stages. The first establishes how far the bullet can expand; the second controls the rate of expansion. This patented two-step cavity formation gives Speer engineers incredible control in the design process. Each bullet caliber and weight is tuned for optimum expansion and penetration. The bullet is then finished to provide a smooth profile for reliable feeding in semi-automatic handguns.
Performance You Can Count On
To ensure Gold Dot performs when you need it most, we first make sure it excels in the stringent tests developed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for service-class handgun cartridges. These protocol tests evaluate penetration, expansion and retained weight in bare gelatin and gelatin shielded by common barriers.